A smart move! Making the switch to Priority First Federal Credit Union provides you with convenient and personalized financial service. We’re making it simple for you to switch all your accounts to Priority First and use us as your primary financial institution. We want your business!
This Kit will assist you in making the switch in three easy steps. Simply print the applicable forms, fill them in, and bring them to your local branch to be processed or mailed.
Step 1: Join Priority First Federal Credit Union
Open your accounts with Priority First at your local branch.
Step 2: Switch Automatic Transactions
● Notify your direct deposit sources (payroll, social security or other federal recurring payments, dividend or interest payments, etc.) of the change in financial institution. Click here to download a Direct Deposit Change Form.
● Notify vendors with whom you have automatic payment arrangements (such as mortgage, car, insurance, Internet service, utility, or health club payments) of the account change. Click here to download an Automatic Payment Change Form.
● Cancel any future online bill payment transactions and print out payee information for easy reference when setting up Priority First’s Online Bill Payment.
Step 3: Close your old account
● Ensure that all checks have cleared on your old checking account and that you leave sufficient funds in your account to cover any automatic payments that may still need to be withdrawn.
● Ensure that any accounts set up to cover overdrafts have been paid in full so that you will not incur any fees.
● Notify your previous financial institution that you are closing the account. Click here to download the Request to Close Account Form.
● Print and Complete the Account Closure Checklist.
Return all Switch Kit forms to your nearest PFFCU branch for processing or postage paid mailing.