May 28, 2020 - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Starting May 29, 2020 our communities will move to the Green Phase. We are happy to announce that all Priority First Federal Credit Union office lobbies will reopen. To best serve our members, we are implementing the following changes:
- All offices will resume normal business hours
- Social distancing is required
- Mask use is strongly encouraged
- Employees will wear masks for all in-person transactions and shields are in place at teller stations and offices
- Drive-thru use is encouraged, whenever possible
- The coin machine in DuBois is no longer self-serve. Instead, you can bring in your coin and our employees will deposit it into your account by the following business day
April 13, 2020 - How Can Priority First FCU Help You?
We understand this may be a rough time with a lot of uncertainty for our members. Here are some ways we are ready to help you:
- PFFCU is offering 3 months of loan payment deferral without credit bureau impact on the following types of loans: home equity loan, home equity line of credit, personal loan, EZLOC and auto loan.
- You will not be charged fees.
Priority First FCU COVID-19 Assistance Loan
Need something quick? To help our members, we are introducing a COVID-19 Assistance Loan to help. Here are the details:
- Borrow up to $2,500
- 24 month term
- Interest rate of 3.99%APR
- First payment not due for 90 days
- E-Signature available
Apply online or call any branch office to apply over the phone!
- We will offer Skip-a-payment without credit bureau impact.
- You will not be charged fees.
If your loan is currently delinquent, we may still be able to help. Call your local Priority First FCU branch to review your options.
Other Helpful Information!
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources:
- There are a limited number of credit unions authorized by the Small Business Administration to participate in the Paycheck Protection Program. While Priority First FCU is committed to supporting small businesses affected by the COVID-19 crisis, we are not currently a participating institution.
- You can find the nearest lender participating in the program – Click here!
Stimulus Relief Checks:
The government is sending out relief checks as part of the federal response to COVID-19. Scammers heard the same thing, and they’re hoping to cash in on yours. Here are some things to know:
- You don’t need to do anything. As long as you filed taxes for 2018 and/or 2019, the federal government likely has the information it needs to send you your money. If you haven’t filed taxes recently, you’ll need to submit a simple tax return to get your check. (More on who’s eligible here.)
- Do not give anyone your personal information to “sign-up” for your relief check. There is nothing to sign up for. Anyone calling to ask for your personal information, like your Social Security number, PayPal account, or bank information is a scammer, plain and simple. Also be on the lookout for email phishing scams, where scammers pretend to be from the government and ask for your information as part of the “sign-up” process for the checks.
- To set up direct deposit of your check, communicate only with the IRS at irs.gov/coronavirus. And you only need to do this if you didn’t give the IRS your bank information on your 2018 or 2019 return. In the coming weeks, the IRS will be setting up an online form available through irs.gov/coronavirus. But nowhere else, and never in response to an email, text or call.
- No one has early access to this money. Anyone that claims to is a scammer. The timeline for this process is not exact, but it looks like funds will start going out in the next few weeks. Scammers are using the lack of detail to try to trick people into giving their personal information and money.
To get official updates and more information, visit the IRS’s page on economic impact payments. And if you come across a scammer trying to take your check, we want to hear about it. Report it at ftc.gov/complaint.
As always, Priority First FCU is here to help. Please do not hesitate to contact your local branch or email@example.com!
April 6, 2020 - Economic Impact Payments: What you need to
know & where to find information!
With new information coming out daily, we want to provide our members with the necessary resources to stay informed. There are numerous coronavirus (COVID-19) scams currently taking place, specifically in regards to the economic impact payments that you need to be aware of. Unfortunately, fraud increases in times like these and scammers take advantage of innocent people. We want you to be aware of what’s going on in advance, so you are able to prevent it from happening to you! For the most recent information and guidance, we recommend visiting the IRS, FTC, and US Treasury webpages directly. Links to those sites are provided below:
The IRS reminds taxpayers that scammers may:
• Emphasize the words “Stimulus Check” or “Stimulus Payment.” The official term is economic impact payment.
• Ask the taxpayer to sign over their economic impact payment check to them.
• Ask by phone, email, text or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information saying that the information is needed to receive or speed up their economic impact payment.
• Suggest that they can get a tax refund or economic impact payment faster by working on the taxpayer’s behalf. This scam could be conducted by social media or even in person.
• Mail the taxpayer a bogus check, perhaps in an odd amount, then tell the taxpayer to call a number or verify information online in order to cash it.
March 27, 2020 - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, we will be changing some of our drive-thru hours (see below). All Priority First FCU branches will remain open for drive-thru and phone service and our lobbies will remain closed. In addition, we will be rolling out our new eSignature service, which will allow you the option to close your loan electronically. We are trying to make the loan process as easy as possible, so you can either apply on our website or by calling any branch to apply over the phone. You can then sign the necessary documents electronically through our new eSignature service. We are also handling new accounts in a similar manner. Call any branch office to get started opening a new account and Priority First staff will walk you through the process. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience these changes may cause, however the safety and health of our members and employees is our first priority!
Opens at 9am!
Mon: 9:00 – 4:30
Tues: 9:00 – 4:30
Wed: 9:00 – 4:30
Thurs: 9:00 – 5:00
Fri: 9:00 – 5:30
DuBois, Brockway & Brookville:
All open at 8am!
Mon: 8:00 – 4:30
Tues: 8:00 – 4:30
Wed: 8:00 – 4:30
Thurs: 8:00 – 5:00
Fri: 8:00 – 5:30
(DuBois Only) Sat: 8:30 – 12:00
Opens at 10am!
Mon: 10:00 – 4:30
Tues: 10:00 – 4:30
Wed: 10:00 – 4:30
Thurs: 10:00 – 5:00
Fri: 10:00 – 5:30
March 18, 2020 - Our Drive-Thrus are Open!
The safety and security of our members, employees and communities is our number one priority. To best serve our members while conducting business in a socially responsible manner, we are implementing the following changes, beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020 until further notice:
- Brockway, Brookville, DuBois and Punxsutawney offices will transition to drive-thru service only.
- Clearfield office will offer window walk-up service.
- Hours of operation will remain the same for all offices with the exception of the DuBois office. DuBois branch hours will be extended to 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday. DuBois
- Saturday drive-thru hours will remain 8:30am to noon.
Please also take advantage of our electronic and alternative services such as:
- Online, Mobile and Telephone Banking – where you can check your balances, transfer funds, make payments, pay bills and review your transaction history.
- Mobile Deposit –convenience of depositing a check from anywhere on your mobile device
- ATMs– access cash 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Night Deposit – will be checked periodically during business hours.
- Loans – apply online via our website or over the phone with any branch.
Please visit our contact page to find a list of all of our locations, business hours and phone numbers.
Unfortunately, fraud increases in times like these and criminals take advantage of innocent people. Please remain vigilant and follow these tips:
- Beware of emails claiming to be from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) or other government entities. Never divulge personal information or money in response to these types of “phishing” attempts.
- Ignore offers of a “cure,” “prevention” or “vaccine” for COVID-19. As of now, no such products exist. Never click on links or download software from sources you don’t know and trust.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will evaluate the need for additional measures, if necessary. We apologize for any inconvenience these actions may cause you. Thank you for choosing Priority First Federal Credit Union. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve your financial needs!
March 13, 2020 - Priority First FCU Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As Coronavirus, COVID-19, continues to spread world-wide and within the United States, more organizations, like Priority First Federal Credit Union, are taking proactive steps to ensure the health and well-being of their employees, members and communities. We will continue to closely monitor and implement the current safety protocols from the CDC and our local government.
We are taking extra precautions by adding hand sanitizing stations in each of our offices, asking our staff to keep their hands and work stations clean and sanitizing door knobs, drive-thru canisters, ATM screens, etc., multiple times, daily.
Governor Wolf announced a shutdown of all nonessential businesses in the state of Pennsylvania. Priority First FCU will remain open during this time with regular hours, as we are classified as an essential business. However, we strongly encourage you to consider PFFCU’s digital tools and other available resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access. You can access your accounts online or by using our mobile app at your convenience. You can view and process transactions, check balances, find an ATM, deposit checks electronically and more. If you haven’t enrolled in online banking, it only takes a few minutes – Enroll here!
Your Funds are SAFE!
We would like to remind you that your deposits at Priority First FCU are safe. PFFCU is well-capitalized and financially strong. Further, your funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. You can estimate your share insurance by using the estimator tool on the MyCreditUnion.gov website.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov.