Student Choice Loan
Impacted by the Coronavirus Pandemic? We’re here to help.
In light of the significant impact and ongoing uncertainty around the Coronavirus pandemic, please know that your well-being and financial needs are our top priorities. With that in mind, in regard to your student loan account we have taken steps to ensure that you have access to the services and personalized support that you may need.
University Accounting Service (UAS) is the loan servicer for your account and provides 24/7 access to view your student loan information and make payments at www.uasecho.com. (Payments by mail should be sent to University Accounting Service, PO Box 5865, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5865.)
If you have additional questions regarding your student loan account, or are experiencing difficulties at this time and need to discuss repayment options to keep your account in good standing, please call 800-723-2210 to speak with a servicing agent.
Credit Union Student Choice
We are committed to helping students find the best funding for their education. The Credit Union Student Choice Loan is a way to fill the financial gap that scholarships, grants and other federal aid doesn’t cover. You’ll get significant cost-savings by choosing your Credit Union’s student loan over other lenders.
Why Choose Us?
Credit Unions operate to serve their members and communities. One way they do that is by promoting thrift and offering competitive rates with a focus on the best interest of the borrower – in this case students. When you choose your Credit Union to pay for college, you’ll benefit from great rates, low fees, convenient repayment terms and most importantly, a life-long relationship with a lender you can trust.
- No origination fees
- Lower interest rates
- Line of credit up to $50,000
- One-time application
- Deferment of principal and interest while in school
- Flexible repayment terms including graduated repayment for two years
- Servicing retained for the life of the loan – never sold
- Easily apply online or by phone at 877.230.6257
Requirements Before Applying for Credit Union Student Choice Loan:
- Fill out the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. To complete, you will need to apply for and obtain a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at www.fsaid.ed.gov. Your FSA ID serves as your legal signature and provides access to your personal records.
- Apply for scholarships – you may be eligible for many of them. Check with your college financial aid office for listings. Free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school including a financial aid and scholarship wizard can be found at www.studentaid.gov.
- Take the maximum amount of Stafford Loans before applying for a Private Student Loan. On subsidized loans, the government pays the interest and caps your interest rate while you’re in school.