Student Choice Loan
Credit Union Student Choice
We are committed to helping students find the best funding for their education. The Credit Union Student Choice Loan is a way to fill the financial gap that scholarships, grants and other federal aid doesn’t cover. You’ll get significant cost-savings by choosing your Credit Union’s student loan over other lenders.
Why Choose Us?
Credit Unions operate to serve their members and communities. One way they do that is by promoting thrift and offering competitive rates with a focus on the best interest of the borrower – in this case students. When you choose your Credit Union to pay for college, you’ll benefit from great rates, low fees, convenient repayment terms and most importantly, a life-long relationship with a lender you can trust.
- No origination fees
- Lower interest rates
- Line of credit up to $50,000
- One-time application
- Deferment of principal and interest while in school
- Flexible repayment terms including graduated repayment for two years
- Servicing retained for the life of the loan – never sold
- Easily apply online or by phone at 877.230.6257
Requirements Before Applying for Credit Union Student Choice Loan:
- Fill out the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. To complete, you will need to apply for and obtain a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at www.fsaid.ed.gov. Your FSA ID serves as your legal signature and provides access to your personal records.
- Apply for scholarships – you may be eligible for many of them. Check with your college financial aid office for listings. Free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school including a financial aid and scholarship wizard can be found at www.studentaid.gov.
- Take the maximum amount of Stafford Loans before applying for a Private Student Loan. On subsidized loans, the government pays the interest and caps your interest rate while you’re in school.