We are committed to helping students find the best funding for their education. The Credit Union Student Choice Loan is a way to fill the financial gap that scholarships, grants, and other federal aid doesn’t cover. You’ll get significant cost-savings by choosing your Credit Union’s student loan over other lenders.
• No origination fees
• Lower interest rates
• Line of credit up to $75,000
• Apply only once
• Deferment of principal and interest while in school
• Flexible repayment terms including graduated repayment for two years
• Servicing retained for the life of the loan – never sold
• Easily apply online or by phone at 877.230.6257.
Requirements before applying for Credit Union Student Choice loan:
• Fill out the Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. To complete, you will need to apply for and obatin a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records.
• Apply for scholarships – you may be eleigible for many of them.
Check with your college financial aid office for listings.Free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school including a financial aid and scholarship wizard can be found at www.studentaid.gov.
• Take the maximum amount of Stafford Loans before applying for a Private Student Loan. On subsidized loans, the government pays the interest and caps your interest rate while you’re in school.
View this informative webinar: College Aid 101: Understanding Your Award Letter
A Detailed Overview of the CU Student Choice Loan
Frequently Asked Questions
Guide to Financial Aid