Fall 2019 Newsletter
Rodney Lindholm Recognized by District Director, Mark Adams and Priority First Federal Credit Union!
On September 13th, we recognized Rodney Lindholm, one of our first founding members, with a plaque due to his loyalty to our credit union, but that wasn’t the only recognition that occurred. District Director, Mark Adams, on behalf of state Senator Joe Scarnati, R-Brockway, recognized Rodney with a PA Senate Citation for Priority First FCU. Lindholm is the last living Priority First member of the original 9 founding members that signed the credit union’s initial charter. Mark Adams states, “We were happy to hear Rodney’s stories of how our credit union began and the history behind it. We are very grateful for all of his dedication and contributions throughout the years.” We would not be here if it weren’t for the founding members putting the idea of this credit union into motion. Thank you to all that were involved during the last 50 years!
Need Some Dough for the Holidays?
Borrow up to $3,000 for as low as 3.99%APR* for up to 15 months!!!!
*APR = ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE. MAXIMUM LOAN AMOUNT IS $3,000.00. MAXIMUM TERM IS 15 MONTHS. A BORROWED AMOUNT OF $3,000.00 FOR 15 MONTHS, AT 3.99% APR, WILL RESULT IN A MONTHLY PAYMENT OF $205.36. ALL LOANS ARE SUBJECT TO CREDIT APPROVAL. OTHER TERMS AND RATES MAY APPLY. MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIRED. RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CANNOT BE USED TO PAY OFF AN EXISTING PFFCU LOAN.
VISA Credit Card!
Do you find yourself continually making large purchases? If this is the case, a great option for you would be a VISA Credit Card! Here’s why:
- VISA Credit Cards have higher limits than your debit card. This means, no more panic and frustration at the checkout. Also, they are a great tool for emergencies!
- There is zero liability for fraudulent charges, and you don’t have to worry about your hard-earned money being stolen because it is safe in a separate account!
- This will help to build your credit, which will benefit you for later purchases!
- You can make payments online, on the phone or in one of our offices!
Apply online at priorityfirstfcu.org/visa-credit-card/
VISA Credit Card Balance Transfer!
We will give you $50 when you do a transfer of a minimum of $2,500. Rate of 1.99%APR* for six months. Take advantage of our great rates, and earn some cash, too!
Avoid Being Scammed!
ATTENTION! Crooks use clever schemes to defraud millions of people every year. They often use the latest technology and combine it with old tricks to get people to send money or give out personal information. Here are some tips to help protect yourself and your money:
- If any “bank” or “credit union” asks for your online banking information, IT’S A SCAM! No financial institution will ever ask for this information.
- If someone online is asking you to send them money so they can get home, IT’S A SCAM! Once you send your money to them, you won’t be hearing from them again.
- If it seems too good to be true, IT’S A SCAM!
- No business will ask you to send them gift cards. If this is requested, IT’S A SCAM!
Be smart and save your money! If you think that you are being scammed, give us a call and we can look into it for you! *Information found on the Federal Trade Commission website.*
50 Acts of Kindness!
This past quarter we were very busy with our Acts of Kindness. We donated a raffle basket for a team at Relay for Life, $1,041.21 to Hahne Regional Cancer Center, a ton of items to the Haven House Shelter and participated and raised $970 for the Suicide Prevention Walk. We completed many other Acts! Check out our Facebook page for details.
Gifts, parties and travel… Don’t let these stress you out during the Holidays. Make your holidays a joyful time by opening a Christmas Club Account with us today!
*Funds will be transferred to your PFFCU Draft (Checking) account on Sept. 30th. If you do not have a checking, the funds will be deposited into your Share account.
- Kid’s in Business, October 5th – We sponsored this event and it will be taking place at the DuBois Mall from 11AM to 1PM. Kids will create a business name, make their products and hopefully sell them to you! Stop in to support the Kid’s in Business!
- Fall Festival, October 12th – This event is held in downtown Clearfield from 10AM to 4PM. There will be lots of good food and entertainment. We will have a booth, so feel free to stop and say hello!